WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The Class 40 Preservation Society collects personal information that you voluntarily provide via the site. Personal information is any information which identifies you including, for example, your name, email address, contact details etc. When using the enquiry form or membership application form we may ask you to provide your name, address, telephone number and email address. For newsletter sign ups we ask for your name and email address. And where applicable when a purchase is made on our site, in addition to the above, we also ask for a delivery address and payment details. This is not an exhaustive list and we may ask for additional information as relevant from time to time.
PASSIVE INFORMATION COLLECTION
As you navigate through the site, certain information may be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information) using various technologies and means, such as:
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and web logs
INTERNET PROTOCOL (IP) ADDRESSES AND WEB LOGS
An IP address is assigned to your computer each time that you access the Internet. This enables your computer to send and receive data. Generally, every time you connect to the Internet, your IP address changes. However, in some circumstances (i.e. with some broadband connections) your IP address is fixed. A fixed IP address can be associated with your particular computer and may, therefore, amount to your personal information.
Web log information is non-personal information that is collected by the computer that hosts the site each time you visit. Examples of the type of information that can be collected using your IP address and/or web log information include details of the date and time that you visited the site and the type of Internet browser and computer operating system that you used. We, or our authorised agents, use your IP address and/or web log information to collect and report aggregate information on how the site is being used and ways in which the site can be improved.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION YOU GIVE US?
Where applicable, we may use your personal information:
- To respond to your questions or requests for additional information.
- To provide you with information that you have specifically requested or that we have asked if you would like to receive.
- To process your order and communicate with you about any goods or services you have ordered from us (your details may be passed on to a third party for them to supply or deliver products you have ordered and we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees etc).
- To update our records and maintain your account with us.
- For internal analysis so that we can better understand how we can improve our site, products and services.
DISCLOSING INFORMATION WE COLLECT TO THIRD PARTIES
We may use third parties to perform functions on our behalf in relation to the site and the purposes set out in this policy (for example, website hosting). Such third parties may be provided with access to your personal information if needed to perform their specific functions, but may not use such information for any other purpose.
We may pass on non-personal aggregated information about sales and website usage to reputable organisations for research or analysis purposes only. Your personal details will not be disclosed.
- Except as set out above, we will not disclose your personal information to any third party unless:
- We have informed you about the disclosure when you submitted your information to us and you consented to the disclosure.
- The disclosure is required or permitted by law or by court order.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information as you visit and use the site and to protect such information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Unfortunately no data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result we cannot warrant the security of any information you provide to us and you do so at your own risk.
Your personal information is stored on secure servers managed by 1&1 Internet Limited . Information collected from the use of the site, including personal information, may be stored on secure servers located outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in countries whose privacy laws are not as rigorous as those of the EEA. However, we always take steps to ensure the security of your data. By using the site, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to countries outside the EEA.
If you would like to access the personally identifiable information we have collected about you via the site, or if you would like to cancel, correct or update your information, you may:
- Contact us from this website here
- Contact us by post at: 38 Watkins Drive, Prestwich, Manchester, M25 0DS, UK
- To protect your privacy and security we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before
- granting access or making any such cancellations, corrections or updates.
By accessing, browsing or otherwise using this site, you agree and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this policy, except where you have chosen to opt out of being contacted by us or third parties.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time. Changes to this policy will be posted on this site. Your continued subscription to or use of the site constitutes your acceptance of the policy as revised. It is your responsibility to review the policy frequently.
Please contact us here if you have any questions about this policy.
Copyright © The Class 40 Preservation Society 1980-2018. All rights reserved.