Sites featuring Class 40 photos or related content
- Class 40 Motherlist – A developing list of all class 40 workings.
- Alan Davis – Class 40 photos
- David Hey Collection – Over 1,000 photos of BR steam/diesels during the 1950s and 1960s
- Class 40 Appeal – The CFA, owners of 40012.
- David’s Railway Photography – Covers several aspects of the heritage railway scene in photographs.
- The European Railway Picture Gallery – A selection of over 20 vintage and preservation Class 40 shots dating back to the mid 1970’s.
- North Wales Coast Railway – A site dedicated to the North Wales Coast from 1975-1983.
- Globe Videos – Producers of Whistling Giants DVDs
- SRPS Railtours
- Pathfinder Tours
- Compass Tours
Preserved Railways and Groups
- AIA Locomotives – The Class 31 preservation body
- Barrow Hill – Barrow Hill Engine Shed Society.
- The BR Diesel Website – Photos and sound clips from preservation, including East Lancashire Railway.
- Brush Type 4 – FundOwners of 47105 at the Gloucestershire & Warwickshire Railway.
- Class 37 Locomotive Group – Formed by the merger of The Class 37 Association and Class 37 Group. Workings and diagrams, about the Group, and photos too.
- Class 40 Appeal – The CFA, owners of 40012 & 37190
- Deltic Preservation Society – One of the most successful and best known diesel preservation societies. Owners of 55009, 55015 and 55019.
- Diesel & Electric Preservation Group – The DEPG are based on the West Somerset Railway. Owners of D7017, D7018, D1010 and D9526.
- Diesel Traction Group – The DTG. Owners of D821, D1015, D7029 and D8568.
- East Lancashire Railway – Details of our home, the East Lancashire Railway – the line and its history, timetables, photos, signalling and lots more.
- EM2 Locomotive Society – Details of the group, the locomotives and more.
- The Fifty Fund – Owning and operating group for 50007, 50031, 50035, 50044 and 50049.
- The Growler Group – Owners of 37099 and 37215 at the Gloucestershire & Warwickshire Railway.
- 55022 Royal Scots Grey – Details about this famous Deltic, tour news, sales items etc
- Preserved Diesels – Covers all the ‘preserved’ diesels, with photos, locations and other details.
- Railways of North Wales – A site dedicated to the Railways of North Wales from 1975-1983.
- UK Heritage Railways – A guide to the entire heritage railway scene in the UK, including details of special events and operating days.
If you wish to be added to this page then please contact us here