Although no class 40’s were in action at the 3 Day ELR Diesel Gala held on July 4th, 5th and 6th, the CFPS were still allowed to have a sales stand on the platform.
Thank you to the following CFPS members for their help:
- JOHN WANTLING for setting up the sales stand on each of the 3 days and for his long stint with processing the Whistler Magazine for distribution to the CFPS Members.
- RICHARD PAYLING for packing up sales stand on Friday evening, setting up stand on Saturday morning and then his long stint with the Whistler mag distribution process.
- KARL CROWTHER for selling CFPS Raffle Tickets on the trains on each of the 3 days and then packing up the sales stand on each of the 3 nights.
- JOHN HITCHEN for packing up the sales stand on Friday and Saturday nights and setting up the sales stand on Saturday morning.
- DAVE WOOD for his stint on the sales stand on Friday and Saturday.
- LANCE COOK for setting up the sales stand on Saturday.
- CLIVE ELVERSTONE for his stint with the Whistler Mag distribution process.
- LYNDA JOPSON for selling raffle tickets on the Saturday.
- ANDY WALTON for selling raffle tickets on the Saturday.
Thanks again to everyone who assisted with the important CFPS chores during the 3 days of the event. Thank you also to The ELR for their continued support of The CFPS.
The income achieved over the course of the event was as follows:
- Sales £229. + bucket Donations of £ 6.14
- FRIDAY Sales £443. + bucket Donations of £ 8.33
- SATURDAY Sales £593 + bucket Donations of £11.19
In addition to the £1265 received, further income was received by way of:
- £251 from KARL CROWTHER for 3 DAYS of RAFFLE TICKET SALES
- £73 from ANDY WALTON for SATURDAY stint of RAFFLE TICKET SALES
- £35 from LYNDAY JOPSON for SATURDAY stint of RAFFLE TICKET SALES
We also received chunky and invaluable donations from CFPS Members, MIKE JONES, LYNDA JOPSON, MARK JOPSON, REGINALD HUMPHRIES, MARTIN STEVENTON, RICHARD PAYLING and STEVE MORRIS.
Many thanks also to the members who have donated or signed up to donate on a regular basis to our new PayPal account, this currently stands £1524.78.
We also nearly have 50 members who have signed up to the easy fundraising scheme. We are raising c£50 per month using it and hope to hit the £600 target by the end of the year. If you haven’t already signed up please consider doing so as this is free funds for the CFPS.
£62 of the sales figure from the ELR Gala Weekend was achieved from back issues of The Whistler Magazines.
The back issues available at the event were ONLY numbers 103 to the current issue 147. I did receive a lot of enquiries for back issues of early editions and I promised that I would do a stock check and issue an updated list of what is available.
Stock as of 7th August 2019 is as follows
- Issue No ONE (a reprint)
- Issue Nos…. 2, 9, then 18 to 85 inclusive.
- Issue Nos…. 87 to 99
- Issue Nos….. 101 to 126 (MONO)
- Issue Nos….. 127 to 147 (COLOUR)
- Issues 0NE to 99 are £1.00 each
- Issues 101 to 126 are £2.00 each
- Issues 127 to 140 are £3.00 each
- Issues 141 to 147 are £3.50 each
Postage is £1.00 for 5 issues and £2.00 for 10 issues, £2.95 for upwards of 10 issues.
PLEASE NOTE that Issue No 100, the A4 Centenary Edition is SOLD OUT.
Issue No 144, the 60 PAGE, 60th Anniversary Edition is also SOLD OUT. (This edition was priced at £5.00)
If anybody requires a copy of issue 144 please email me and should there be a few people interested, we can get a small number printed (at the £5.00 cover price)
Many Thanks for your interest and support of the earlier editions.
The money received at the ELR diesel event has enabled the CFPS to pay The South Devon Railway for the removal of the old tyres and the fitting of the new tyres on 40145’s wheel-sets.
The aim now is to rebuild The CFPS finances so that we can pay HNRC for the labour intensive work of lifting 40145 on the jacks and the removal of the bogies, wheel-sets and traction motors. Some welding work is required and the fitting of new hoses and the replacement of some components.
We also have to get the wheel-sets balanced and obtain new wheel bearings for number 3 wheel-set before we can start to reassemble 40145 and then has another stint on the jacks putting the completed bogies under the loco.
Any help we can get from members, or indeed any heritage diesel enthusiast will be very much appreciated and will speed up the return to service of 40145.
Thank you everyone for your continued support.