Just an update on the September Charter Trains involving 40145.
FRIDAY 14/09 CARNFORTH to BURY, via Peak Forest, Dowlow, and Warrington Arpley Low Level.
- The 2 coaches of FIRST CLASS seating in the 10 coach train are FULLY booked.
- There are seats still available in STANDARD Class.
SATURDAY 15/09 ELR CHARTER with Steam Loco 60103 Flying Scotsman from Bury to Holyhead and Return.
- On the return journey, the train was scheduled to run from Chester via Frodsham to Warrington.
- However due to gauging issues with 60103, the train will now run from Chester to Crewe and then reverse.
- 40145 is now likely to run from Bury to Crewe on the Saturday and haul the train from Crewe to Warrington, Newton Le Willows, Manchester Victoria to Castleton.
- Class 37 loco will then haul the train Castleton to Bury.
SUNDAY 16/09 BURY to CARNFORTH via BRADFORD Interchange, ILKLEY, BRADFORD FORSTER Square and GRASSINGTON.
- The train was scheduled to pick up at ROCHDALE and STILL IS.
- To make it a tad easier for people joining at Rochdale to get back home, I have now requested a BLACKBURN set down.
- People can then travel from Blackburn back to Rochdale on the direct passenger service…. providing of course that there are no service issues.
Quite a few of you who have said that you are sending me booking forms for the one way Tours, but have not yet done so.
Apparently some are planning on getting on at Bradford Interchange and getting off at Bradford Forster Square.
This leg of the journey should perhaps be called “The Bradford Bender”!
For those of you that are planning the Bradford to Bradford move, It is fine by me.
HOWEVER, please DO NOT look at the Full trip price and expect a part fare price for this section to be a small proportion of the FULL Fare.
The CFPS have some considerably large maintenance costs on the horizon, notably the segmental bearing repairs to 40135, boiler repairs and the tyre replacement work on 40145.
Please support the above Charter Trains, as we have planned for 40145’s tyre replacement work TO START by the year end.